- Do you want to find a faith community where everyone is treated equally without regard to gender, race, ethnicity, background, sexual orientation, educational level, socio-economic status, ability, or even creed?
- Is working for peace and justice important to you?
- Do you long for worship where inclusive language is a priority, preaching is prophetic, music is thoughtful, and the word is proclaimed in song, dance, visual arts, poetry, and literature by people of all ages?
- Do you value interfaith dialogue and ecumenism?
- Do you want a church that values thoughtful religious education by asking difficult questions, thinking critically, and examining scripture, history, theology, spirituality, and world religions in classes for children, youth, adults, and persons with special needs?
Then WFBC is the place for you!
WFBC has always been located in the chapel of Wake Forest University, so we have special ministries for students. But we are also very involved in the wider community. In the past, our involvement in the community has resulted in the church receiving awards for “bridging the gaps in racism,” ministering to special needs families, and affirming the LGBT community.
You will also note that we have two pastors, both of whom are women! We believe that God can all any and all…is God calling you to join with WFBC in being a voice of welcome, inclusion, peace, and justice? Come find out!
* * * * * * *
NOTE: Living in the Mystery, a book of selected sermons by Richard Groves during his 23 years at WFBC, is now available through the church office. The cost is $20 plus shipping if mailed.